How To Prolong The Shelf Life Of A Blood Storage Refrigerator
A blood storage refrigerator is a medical appliance used to store blood and blood products at a temperature below that of normal body temperature. They are also known as plasma freezers or platelet freezers. There are many benefits of using blood storage refrigerators. Let us know them!
The benefits of using a blood storage refrigerator:
- One benefit is that it helps to prolong the shelf life of blood and blood products.
- Additionally, it helps to keep the blood at a consistent temperature, which is important for maintaining the quality of the blood.
- Another benefit is that it can help to reduce the risk of transfusion reactions.
- Finally, it can help to reduce the cost of storing and transporting blood and blood products.
The features of blood storage refrigerators:
Blood storage refrigerators are vital pieces of equipment in any hospital or blood bank. They allow blood to be stored safely and at the correct temperature, ensuring that it remains viable for transfusions. There are a number of features that all blood storage refrigerators should have.
- Firstly, they should be large enough to accommodate the amount of blood that is required.
- Secondly, they should have multiple shelves to ensure that the different types of blood are separated and easy to access.
- Thirdly, the temperature should be adjustable so that it can be adapted to the needs of the blood.
- Finally, the refrigerator should have a lock to prevent unauthorized access.
By ensuring that all of these features are present, blood storage refrigerators can help to keep blood safe and ready for use.
How to maintain your blood storage refrigerator:
In order to ensure the quality of the blood, it is important to maintain the refrigerator in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- The first step is to clean the exterior of the fridge on a regular basis.
- Then, check the temperature inside the fridge to make sure it is set at the proper temperature.
- Next, inspect the door seals to make sure they are intact and there are no gaps.
- Finally, monitor the fridge for any signs of leaks or condensation.
A blood storage refrigerator is a key piece of equipment in any hospital or blood bank. It is responsible for storing and preserving blood and blood products. By following these simple steps, you can help to ensure that your blood storage refrigerator is always in top condition. Now, that you know all about blood storage refrigerators, don’t forget to check out the best selections in the market!